A simple level showcasing the teleportation gun in action. The concept, scripting, and level design were given life by myself and one other (Alex Macon). Our goal here was to test whether or not the teleportation mechanic would work well in a side-scroller environment and if it would provide the player with a fun, intriguing, and engaging experience. The results were very promising and offered interesting, exciting gameplay that is both challenging and fun.
What I Worked On:
- Gameplay and mechanic design, specifically the teleportation mechanic, gun, timer, and puzzles.
- Helped script the player controller, pawn, HUD, and custom projectile classes.
- Wrote a functional timer using Unreal Script.
- Scripted events for each of the gold, silver, and bronze times to enhance Kismet scripting abilities within our prototype.
- Locked the player on the Y axis via Unreal Script to prevent the player from coming out of line with the intended path.
- Created endgame conditions that end the game upon completion or when the time runs out.
- Kismet implementation of time modifications, checkpoints, puzzle animations, and all associated events with the start of the timer.
- Level design and construction including the building of the level from start to finish, aesthetic passes, the inclusion of puzzles and gameplay elements (time modifying pickups), and the implementation of accompanying animations / effects.